Episode 5: Gender and Family Life

 What's up everyone?! I hope you're all having a great week and staying warm, cause where I am, it's very cold.

For this week's topic we learned about gender and homosexuals in the family. This topic was very interesting to me. First our teacher asked us about theories. Some common theories about homosexuals are...it's all biological, it's a trauma response, it's a choice, it's based on a social model. I think all of these are true to some extent, it just depends on the person and the situation. Did you know that 76% of gay men were sexually assaulted as kids by a man older than them. Research has shown that experiences like sexual assault can have a pull in weather or not the person identifies as homo or heterosexual later in life. Another thing we learned that can affect it is EBE (exotic becomes erotic). This is where something that is intended to not be sexual becomes sexualized or gender typical behavior turns to atypical behavior leading to curiosity. This happens all the time in childhood. When a little boy is caught playing with dolls and he is mocked or scolded by his teacher, parent, or peers for being atypical it can cause the boy to jump the conclusion that his interactions are gender atypical just because of a little preference he has in toys, just as an example. I also truly believe that some people are born homosexual. I think that God made them the way they are for a reason. I think that he sees them as his children just as much as straight people. It's important that we treat everyone the way Jesus would weather they have the same beliefs as us or not.

Thanks for reading this week. This class is my favorite and I really enjoy writing these blog posts. Hope you all have a great week.

Comments

Popular Posts